Sunday, March 6, 2011

Domestic Dreaming

My wedding was amazing. I am so happy to be married for time and all eternity to the love of my life. He is such an amazing man and I am blessed to have him.

I still want to keep house excellently, to further my education, to serve in the church and to live my life in a way that is pleasing to God and to my husband. I thought, in the back of my mind, that marriage would automatically help me achieve these things. I find, however, that life still goes on and requires work. My heart desires to be at home, but there are so many pressing things and only so much budget. I want to make my home a heaven, to work hard at keeping it nice. My homemaking skills, and more importantly, my sense of discipline, are not keeping up with my dreams and ambitions. Greg doesn't allow me to get discouraged though, rather he reminds me of the sweet fact that we have all eternity to get it right. Some of the things I want to accomplish this week include:
Finishing registering for classes at Richland
Transferring credit hours to both Richland College and UT Dallas
Cleaning and readying my guest room and the master bedroom
Moving my belongings from my parent's home

No comments:

Post a Comment